Buzzfeed, Oct. 11, 2022
1. A washable rug so you won't have to worry about that ~one friend~ who tends to spill their drink every single time they come over. The bold design will instantly change up the feel of your room, too.
Ruggable rugs are machine washable and stain resistant so they're a worthwhile investment that will hold up over time.
Promising reviews: "We have two chihuahuas which are rather, um, leaky. We bought two runner carpets. One I have washed at least five times and it really is good as new. This was an excellent purchase. Well worth the price. Highly recommended." —Jonathan S.
"The blue is so pretty and I love the design. Makes a striking addition to my foyer." —Chris D.
Get it from Ruggable for $269+ (available in seven sizes and four colors).
2. A gold metal bar cart that will make your living room look like it's straight out of the pages of Arch Digest. The casters on the bottom allow you to move it from one room to another, which is ideal for entertaining! 🍸
Promising review: "I absolutely love this bar cart. It's a great size (on the larger side as far as bar carts go), and I constantly receive compliments on it when friends come over. Assembly wasn't difficult at all. Didn't realize the glass panels had an art deco-esque etching on them until after buying but actually really like it." —ilikemyorangeburnt
Get it from Amazon for $153.96+.
3. A CovoBox to hide cords, plugs, outlets, or anything else that doesn't fit your design aesthetic. It looks like a panel of books but it's completely hollow on the inside.
Before adding this to your cart, you have the option to customize it, including selecting from 14 lengths and 15 colors (including custom colors). The CovoBox is made from reclaimed books and sustainable wood.
Covogoods is a small, family-owned business creating home decor in Utah!
Promising review: "I’m pretty sure I’ve never loved a purchase from Amazon as much as I love this one, and I’ve been a Prime member since Day 1. This product is EXTREMELY well made and very unique. Plus, it does the job of hiding the ugly routers and cords. And the customer service was great and responsive. I was a little hesitant to spend the money on this but after years of living with the husband’s pile of technology, the money was well spent!" —AmazonEmme
4. A pair of corduroy pillow covers because they're an easy way to change up the look and feel of your couch without spending a ton of money! Reviewers say the material is buttery soft and easy to clean.
FYI — this listing is only for the pillow covers. If you need inserts, too, you can grab 'em here!
Promising review: "These covers added some pop to my living room and spruced up the throw pillows that came with my living room set, which I was beginning to find boring to look at after all these years." —Shang Dyers
Get the set from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in seven sizes and 25 colors).
5. A lip-shaped wall-art holder with slots to hold lipstick or lip gloss. The eye-catching design is sure to be a talking point with guests PLUS it will make it easier to see which products you actually have. Win win!
Makeup in Place is a Florida-based small biz that specializes in these super fun and practical makeup organizers.
Promising review: "I love this lipstick holder!! It's practical but also a fun decoration for the wall. It's really well made. It is also packaged beautifully!! I really love it!" —Adriana W
6. An acrylic plant hanger so you ~finally~ have an aesthetically pleasing way to display your plant bbs without taking up precious floor space. It will add a touch of greenery to your windows and won't yellow in the sunlight.
Indoor Window Gardens is a family-owned small business based in South Carolina. The acrylic shelves come assembled, and you can secure them with a single fastener.
Promising review: "Not only do these shelves look amazing and give me so much more room for my plants but the customer service is amazing! I forgot to order extensions with my order so I contacted the shop and they helped me by making a special listing for the extensions. They placed them in my original order so everything came together. If you’re looking for a window shelf, this is it!!" —Jamie Miner
7. A boho-chic velvet futon that will have you cancelling plans just so you can spend more time lounging around on this perfectly pink sofa. Pretty sure you could fool people into thinking you found this at a vintage shop, too.
Promising reviews: "Y'all!!! I was skeptical at first but this couch is so cute and comfy!!! Gotten so many compliments on it!!!" —Brooke Thompson
"I waited years before finally being able to get my own pink couch and this one is lovely. It’s not the most comfortable thing you’ll ever sit on. But it’s still incredibly nice, cozy, beautiful and perfect for when friends want to visit! It’s easy to assemble and the color is a beautiful shade of pink. I get so many compliments on it! I was also able to do a payment plan which makes it even better. A great purchase." —Keira W.
Get it from Amazon for $312.16+ (available in five colors).
8. A pack of abstract watercolor wall decals to give your walls a pop of color without altering their appearance permanently. They can be used on any flat surface (i.e. walls, mirrors, windows) and they're waterproof!
Promising review: "I was looking for something that would match up my abstract aesthetic and pastel colors. It really adds more personality to my room! It was easy to stick — probably spent 15 minutes trying to decide the best arrangements. I would 100% recommend." —Sofia Camarillo
Get it from Amazon for $10.89 (available in seven colors).
9. A set of stackable geometric storage trays wayyyyy too cute not to buy!!! Reviewers love that they can be used for serving food, holding knickknacks, displaying jewelry, and so much more.
Promising reviews: "Very cute and gets lots of compliments!" —Ten10
"I love, love, love this stackable jewelry tray!! It's really cool how you can move around the pieces and use them however you like. The colors are really, really pretty as well! I actually don't really use it for jewelry. I use it in my bedroom on top of my drawer for my glasses, hand cream, Vaseline and a few other essentials. It's a great way to organize items on top of your drawer and make it look neat!" —curlyhairgirl
Get the set of four from Amazon for $9.69.
10. A bouquet of faux jasmine flowers that'll trick your friends into thinking they're the real deal. They'll last forever, and you never have to water 'em.
Promising review: "Gorgeous and true to color. I was able to cut them to size easily with a regular wire cutter (pliers). They are easy to bend and shape and the bunch you get looks full and dainty. Easy trick to make them stay together like my pic is to use the little gold twist tie that comes on the stems to keep them together. I cut them and just slide the gold tie up the stems and used white beta sand for fish tank in the vase to hide the tie. Would buy again." —Amanda Savoie
Get a 10-piece bundle from Amazon for $17.99.
11. A booty-shaped vase for displaying dried flowers, makeup brushes, and pretty much anything else that you can think of! It's made by hand and measures 4.3-inches in height.
Base Roots is a Los Angeles-based and woman-owned home decor shop that blends modern and traditional design elements.
Promising review: "Love my planter! Shipping was quick and packaging was very good! Good size to put my dried flowers! Have received a lot of compliments from people who visit." —Kathyria Cruz
12. An elegant floor mirror that'll enhance a small space and make it seem brighter. Reviewers LOVE the stylish look of this mirror and high quality materials.
Place your new mirror on or up against a wall that's beside a windowed wall (like they have in the picture above). It helps extend the look and light the window.
Promising review: "Absolutely stunning, packaged very well, and easy to stand up. I’m a TALL girl (a little over 5'10) and having a mirror that was large enough for me was very important. This does exactly that, but isn’t so big that it takes up too much space. The gold trim is super classy and adds an expensive-looking quality to the mirror and my room. Overall amazing and definitely worth the buy!" —Bria Million
Get it from Amazon for $112.99+ (available in 12 sizes and 34 colored frames
13. A fun smile mirror to remind you to 😃😃😃. Each mirror is handmade in England and comes with command strips for easy hanging!
PrintedWeird is a small biz based in Birmingham, United Kingdom, that creates funky wall art, mugs, greeting cards, and other home accessories. If you're looking for something bright and unique to add to your home, look no further. This shop has an incredible selection and I seriously want it all!!!
Promising review: "I have fallen in love with this mirror, I got the orange because I’m trying to add some color to my room and it came packaged amazingly, bubble wrapped and card from the seller. I am definitely going to buy a couple more :) amazing." —Georgi Peach
14. A set of color-coordinated books so you can easily curate Instagram-worthy bookshelves. The books are all readable, so you can build your book collection, too.
Covogoods is a Utah-based shop (and small biz!) on Amazon Handmade specializing in unique and colorful book designs for any space.
Promising review: "If you've been looking for decorative books, then look no more — you've found your shop! Colors are true to the photos and I love how they were real books! Not those hallow, fake ones you see. This made decorating very easy, plus they have fast shipping, and the quality is suburb. Will be ordering more from here in the future!" —JH2
15. A string of fairy lights that will make any space feel like a hidden fairy garden. Because the lights are waterproof you can drape them over walls, railings, outdoor furniture, etc.
Promising review: "I absolutely love my twinkle lights! I have gotten so many compliments on them and I plan to keep them up year-round. I hung lavender curtains behind my bed with them behind and I also have silver curtains in my living room that I put them behind. It looks pretty without being gawdy. My kittens love them too...maybe a bit too much." —Rhiann
Get them from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in five colors).
16. A pair of minimalist metal planters for displaying all of those plant babies you impulse bought during quarantine (oops). You can use them indoors or outdoors and they come with hanging hardware. 🪴🌱
Promising review: "I am nesting on my front porch and embracing a new style of mid century modern. These planters are lovely and so in sync with my new decor. The plants love love love them....the cuttings I put in are thriving happily in their new homes. They are easy to water and turn for better sunlight exposure on all sides. I bought two sets and am really delighted with the look. I love that they are large enough to handle a sizable plant so my plants will be happy in their new homes for quite awhile. I have had so many compliments. I have limited floor and table space so hanging the plants brings green to my room without taking up valuable horizontal real estate." —Mwest guy
Get them from Amazon for $32.99 (available in two colors).
17. A colorful shag rug that is ~sure~ to elevate your mood and living space. Just add some cute floor pillows and BAM. You've got an Instagram-worthy floor space for lounging, working, etc.
Promising review: "I love this rug! Super shaggy and bright! I get a ton of compliments on it. It really brings my living room together! It does shed a bit, but I just vacuum it every few days on my vacuums highest pile setting and it seems to be OK. Overall, best rug USA purchase yet!" —Jennifer
Get it from Rugs USA for $106.40+ (available in five sizes and two styles).
18. A pack of invisible bookshelves that will help you create a unique wall display. Each metal shelf can hold up to 15 pounds and will totally disappear when books are added on top! Magic.
Promising review: "These invisible bookshelves are great, they worked perfectly for us. They are very sturdy and hold a lot of books, I did not overload my shelves for visual reasons, but they could have held more books. I would highly recommend these shelves, they are a unique focal point in a room." —Christin Tobey
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $28.99+ (also available in a four-pack).
19. A handmade cable-knit pouf to make your living room or bedroom feel extra cozy. Reviewers say it's well made, sturdy, and stylish.
Promising review: "I just recently moved to LA and chose a color scheme of white and gray. I bought two of these to go next to my sofa table (on each side). They are comfy/stiff at the same time. Great pattern, very strong, and good quality material. My dog tried to bite/rip them and nothing happened! I also bought these on Amazon because of the price. I found similar ones at CB2 where I originally looked for $120 each! Buying two of these for $60 were a steal, and they look and feel great in my living room." —Ana Fakiris
Get it from Amazon for $72.99+ (available in 16 colors).
20. A sunset projector that'll enhance the natural warmth of ANY room and boasts a 180-degree rotation.
Promising reviews: "Bright and worth more than it costs! Very bright and I like that it has a button to turn it on and off." —V.R.
"Great! Very simple design and easy to use. Just need your own USB power adapter. Don’t expect influencer-type lighting. But it’s a perfect cozy light for me!" —Kim
Get it from Amazon for $10.59 (available in four colors).
21. A funky candelabra so you can turn your dining table into a literal work of art. It's handmade in Brooklyn and can hold three taper candles. Seriously, how cool is the w a v y design?!
22. An adorable peach shower curtain that'll have you feeling ~peachy clean~ the next time you walk into your bathroom. I couldn't help myself there.
Promising review: "I love this shower curtain!! I paired it with some oil-rubbed hooks to hang it and it looks beautiful! I do have a shower liner on the inside of the tub, but the shower curtain seems pretty water resistant & doesn’t stain easily! Definitely perfect for my bathroom." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in three colors).
23. A peel-and-stick wallpaper to add a little pizzazz to your kitchen (or really any room) without spending a ton of money. Plus, this cute pattern will make you feel like you're living in a European cottage!
Promising review: "This removable wallpaper is one of my favorite purchases in a while. It’s exactly as pictured, extremely easy to use, and while the adhesion is quite good it’s also easy to reposition or remove. It looks awesome and I’ve gotten so many compliments! I highly recommend this product!" —Icee Etheridge
Get it from Amazon for $33.85+ (available in three colors).
24. A gallery wall kit that includes seven frames, a hanging template, hardware, and some pretty black-and-white prints that you can use or replace.
Promising review: "I love this set! It was delivered quickly, all of the frames and glass came in perfect condition. My favorite part of the entire thing was the guide it came with. After putting the pictures in the frames, I hung the guide, made sure it was level, and drilled the holes right into the paper. Everything came out level, the frames and pictures look great. Definitely happy with this purchase." —Cristina C Sanchez
Get it from Amazon for $47+ (available in three finishes).
25. A foldable rope plant basket to house your plant bbs (and pretty much anything else in your house). Reviewers note that you'll need to reshape it when it arrives.
Promising review: "Came just as pictured. It is a little wrinkled at first but they provide instructions on how to remedy. I do not have an iron at the moment so I actually just popped it in the dryer then filled with warm towels for a while and it plumped it out nicely." —W. Miller
Get it from Amazon for $17.99
26. A panel of velvet curtains that'll add a glamorous touch to your space without trying too hard. They're thermal insulated and will block out the sunlight, which is great if you like to watch movies in the dark for an authentic "movie theater experience."
Promising review: "Purchased these for my studio, which is in an old mill. I wanted them for their insulating properties more than to block out the light because my studio loses a lot of heat at night due to its enormous windows. The curtains/drapes work great for both — I am especially pleased with how well they help keep the space from losing heat! Before having the curtains the space would lose about 8 degrees in temperature overnight (which in the winter is a significant amount, especially in the northeast). Now, with the curtains, the space no longer loses heat overnight! It is now so nice to go into my studio in the morning and find it still toasty warm!" —Noname
Get them from Amazon for $33.99+ a panel (available in six sizes and 18 colors).
27. A macrame wall hanging mirror to zhuzh up your living room, entryway, or bedroom. FYI — adding mirrors to a space is an easy way to make the room look larger than it actually is.
28. A super cool DIY moss wall art kit that will upgrade your walls if you're bored with the same old decor. It's a fun project to do with family or friends and it will make your space feel more alive. 🌿🍃🪴
Naturely Box is an LA-based Etsy shop and small biz specializing in DIY and craft kits. This kit includes a pine wood frame, wood tint, preserved moss and ferns, and all necessary hanging materials. You also have the option to add a glue gun and pack of glue to the kit for an extra $4.99.
Promising review: "This was fun to create and well priced. I added some of my own extras just for color. It would be cool to customize some of the accent pieces but still beautiful overall! I will be getting more." —nicciperry