Join Team SIN
SIN is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we champion it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All aspects of our employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
updated on MAY 4, 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY: SIN is a Brooklyn-based home goods brand, producing beautifully crafted handmade ceramics. Our mission is to create warmth and happiness in homes across the world by putting the fun into the functional.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: SIN is seeking a full-time organized Operations Coordinator who enjoys and excels at physical work, attention to detail and efficiency. The Operations Coordinator will package and prepare all orders, manage weekly reporting requirements, and maintain adequate inventory levels. The ideal candidate is someone who finds enjoyment and satisfaction through working with their hands and gaining tangible results. This is a perfect position for a hardworking problem-solver who is detail oriented and seeking to make an impact at a growing small business.
LOCATION & INFORMATION: Brooklyn, New York. Working at the SIN Studio: 141 Flushing Ave. Building 77 Suite 1023, Brooklyn, NY 11205 (10AM-7PM), $18 hour, immediate start date.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fulfillment Coordinator Applicant” to submit your resume and cover letter. Please include in your cover letter why you love a job that involves physical work and your desire to work at a small business.
- + Package and prepare all outbound orders across all channels while
- - Maintaining SIN’s/vendor’s’ standards and process
- - Meeting or exceeding shipping deadlines
- - Allocating tasks to fulfillment team
- + Prepare and manage daily packing schedule for extended fulfilment team
- + Fulfill 40-60 boxes/day
- + Create, maintain and improve Standard Operating Procedures for the department.
- + Establish and maintain carrier relationships and schedule pickups (FedEx, UPS, etc).
- + Receive and process orders through SIN/vendor shipping portals
- + Process and import weekly order reports using SIN/Vendor shipping portals and import into Google Docs.
- + Process weekly Glazing numbers and coordinate with management to ensure deadlines are met
- + Maintain adequate product inventory levels and proper allocation across all channels
- + Coordinate with the Wholesale team on timing of orders, box amount, shipping estimates and invoicing requests to ensure timely delivery.
- + Receive, sort, and distribute inbound shipments to the appropriate department and/or process returns.
- + Detailed oriented, demonstrates strong ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- + Demonstrates good communication skills and excels in a team environment
We are a small business, so this list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded.
- + Collaborative working style; thrive in a team working environment.
- + Knowledge of shipping and receiving a plus.
- + Must enjoy physical work along with ability to stand 2-3 hours at a time.
- + Superior organizational skills, detailed oriented and ability to prioritize.
- + Ability to learn computer programs; knowledge of Shopify and Shipstation a plus
- + Experience with computer systems including Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- + Self-reliant, can quickly grasp new concepts and ask the right questions in the face of ambiguity.
- + Excellent problem-solver with a “get it done” attitude.
- + Adaptable, willing to take on new challenges and changes that come with a growing small business.
We offer unpaid internships for school credit every semester, including summer. In order to be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program, and available for a 12-16 week internship for a minimum of 3 days a week. Please be sure you are able to live in NYC and work in Brooklyn before applying to our internships.
SALES + MARKETING INTERNSHIP
updated on April 6, 2021
SIN's Marketing intern will be involved in all aspects of the project management and creative process. This ranges from concepts to content creation — all while learning about the inner workings of small businesses and developing skills for a career in digital marketing.
You'll work closely with our founder, Virginia, to gather market research and analytics to help develop copy, assist with photoshoots and maintain our social media platforms.RESPONSIBILITIES
HUMAN RESOURCE INTERNSHIP
updated on April 6, 2021
SIN's Human Resource intern will partner with management in enhancing SIN’s company culture. This internship is for someone who is inventive, interested in team building and wants to help create the strategic direction for developing, engaging and maintaining a highly effective and enjoyable workplace. You’ll gain a deep understanding of the critical role that Human Resources plays in a small business setting.
In this role, the intern will help plan company culture events, create employee engagement projects, and develop HR operational manuals.
BUSINESS ANALYTICS & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIPupdated on April 6, 2021
In this role, the intern will research and provide insights to trends in the home goods industry, analyze product selling, as well as identify white space in the marketplace in order to help guide and assist in product development and business decision making.
+ Provide a competitive analysis of the marketplace, providing insights to new trends and product launches
+ Assist in all product development meetings
+ Create detailed and conclusive sales reports for team (product selling, distribution by state, distribution by channel, COGS)
+ Identify new distribution opportunities and white space in the marketplace
+ Build relationships with and help manage all wholesale accounts
+ Help in development of our Trade program, capturing new trade partners and/or opportunities