Job title: Ceramic Production Assistant
Photo credit: Heidi Lee
Seeking the right person with this skill set:
- You're good with your hands; a lot of hand building is required! You may or may not have experience working with clay but can demonstrate skillful craftsmanship from work in other mediums.
- You have high attention to detail; perhaps you're slightly OCD. If you are a perfectionist, we love you already!
- You do things quickly and are efficient in your tasks. Time management is everything at SIN.
- You're cool with repetitive tasks and maybe even find repetition to be meditative.
- You're creative. There will be some product design opportunities in addition to the production work.
- You can juggle different tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Prioritization is your jam.
- You excel under pressure and maybe like to sing along to this song, too: https://m.youtube.com/
- You're a team player.
- You're a SIN-enthusiast (i.e. you'll wear the SIN t-shirt as your own!)
Part-time to potential full-time ceramic production assistant who will be primarily hand-building ceramic work. You will be coordinating work tasks with 2 other production assistants in planning production schedules accordingly. Additional responsibilities include: glazing, making glazes, loading and unloading kiln, sanding, ordering ceramic supplies, maintaining clay room cleanliness, recycling clay. Having excellent problem solving skills and organizational skills is a plus.
If this sounds like your dream job, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org